In October 2012, Switzerland and Sweden launched the high tech platform Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII), which is a joint bilateral initiative with the overall objective to increase market oriented high-technology R&D&I projects between the two countries
Next SWII activity is the Additive Manufacturing, which matches the R&D heaviest Swiss & Swedish MNEs, SMEs & academia with the goal to launch joint market oriented R&D projects
Project funding is available via Eureka and Eurostars, www.eurekanetwork.org
Following sub topics within Additive Manufacturing are prioritised:
a) Metal powder development for additive manufacturing
Powder manufacturing alloys, materials characterization, standardization
b) Pre-process, process and post process development
Design and tooling, tailored microstructures, process/quality control, post processing
c) Geometry and design optimization
Density, structure and surface texture, design methods for additive manufacturing including rules, standards, software support, sustainable design, design software for additive manufacturing, design for integration of additive manufacturing into current production lines
WHY IS SMART PRODUCTS FOR ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING OF INTEREST FOR YOU AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF A SWISS OR SWEDISH…
Multinational Enterprise (MNE)?
- SWII enables you to identify and get matched with the most innovative “Additive Manufacturing” SMEs from Switzerland & Sweden.
- Share your experience and expectations with the public regulators in Sweden and Switzerland and hear about ongoing pilot tests in both countries
- Learn more also about the available project funding through Eureka and Eurostars
Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME), higher education or research institute?
- Gives you the opportunity to pitch your next market oriented research project to the R&D heaviest MNE:s within “Additive Manufacturing” in Switzerland and Sweden
- On top of that, learn more about available Eureka and Eurostars project funding for your latest R&D project
Since the start in October 2012, SWII has achieved following results:
- 30 R&D consortia and projects realized with a total project value of 38MEUR
- 50 project outlines with CH as main partner and 56 with SE as main partner
- Ca 500 high profile participants from organisations such as Volvo Construction Equipment, Eaton Group, Volvo Cars, Sandvik, Hexagon, ABB, Ericsson, Saab etc.
- Almost 700 high-level one-to-one meetings have been carried out as part of SWII
- For experiences from previous events, incl. participant statements, see (photos & SWII video)
WHEN: September 27 or 28, 2017 (TBC)
WHERE: Switzerland (TBC)
REGISTRATION on invitation only via www.swii.org