Business opportunities in the Philippines are large and many, and lie in:
- Materials, solutions and equipment for the manufacturing sector
- Infrastructure solutions for transportation, energy & power, waste water, flood control, public safety and telecom
- Construction equipment and solutions
- Retail, consumer products and food
- Pharma, healthcare and medical devices
- Agriculture products & solutions
- Services production, e.g. BPO and BPM
- Manufacturing, use Philippines as hub for export & domestic sales
The country is often referred to as a high risk market to do business in, but we believe the opportunities outpace the risks as long as a market entry is well prepared and well executed by focusing on best practise factors from leading companies. One of the most important factors is to be patient and long term thinking.
There are approximately 40 Swedish companies present in the Philippines, whereof some 20 are multinationals. Several Swedish companies have a long history in the Philippines, being present here more than 20 years. The combined Swedish revenue on the market is SEK 4-5 billion and several Swedish companies experience double digit and profitable growth.
Business Sweden is present on the Philippines market with local employees. We collaborate closely with the Swedish Embassy in Manila and Team Sweden members, as well as with the Asian Development Bank (ADB). We advise our clients, from the smallest start-ups to the global corporations, in all steps of their international endeavours. We have the network and can complement your internal resources in an efficient way, worldwide.