Business Sweden-The Swedish Trade and Invest Council, in cooperation with the Embassy of Sweden, QUEST – Quality Urban Energy Systems of Tomorrow, CUI and the Swedish Energy Agency, has the pleasure of inviting you to participate in an educational tour to Sweden. Get inspired and come back informed about Smart
Energy Communities and how their businesses, utilities and citizens are committed to sustainable building and transportation development.
Sweden is an internationally recognized leader in integrated energy solutions through sustainable development.
This tour will take participants during the week of September 14-21, 2013 to communities across Sweden that are accelerating their sustainability strategies by integrating the energy activities associated with buildings, the supply and treatment of water, transportation and goods movement, the management of waste and energy infrastructure.Participants will have a weeklong opportunity to become immersed in the financial, regulatory, political and cultural environment that has enabled for rapid growth of integrated energy systems as part of a complete sustainable development.
Participants will learn more about:
- Government legislation, regulation and incentives for sustainable development.
- Visit 4 cities in 5 days: Stockholm, Jönköping, Växjö and Malmö.
- Community involvement. Greenest City in Europe, Växjö, and learn about their integrated energy systems,energy mix and university programs relating to entrepreneurship in the region.
- The Swedish utility sector through a workshop with representatives from the Swedish Energy Agency and the largest utility companies in Sweden.
- Visit two international world-winning urban development and former brownfield Hammarby Sjöstad in Stockholm and Western Harbour in Malmö. Presentation of Stockholm’s new urban development RoyalSeaport (a Clinton Foundation project)
- Intermodal transportation development and integrating “green” features into existing and new developments.
- Integration of fuels, technologies and services for meeting heating, cooling, and power needs through site visits to plants.
Learn more about the program here
This tour is for decision-makers in businesses, institutions, and government organizations, including regulators that focus on sustainable solutions for communities and provide integrated energy solutions. The tour will enable participants to go beyond the “idea” of integrated energy systems and focus on tactics.
Sweden has designed a holistic concept to building urban sustainable development called SymbioCity. This concept is being used around the world and participants will be given both presentations and see concrete examples of SymbioCity thinking, www.symbiocity.org
Participants will also have the benefit of engaging directly with Swedish utilities, innovative cleantech companies, international industry technology companies (e.g. ABB and Ericsson) and other key stakeholders. Examine how sustainable transportation is a key component of successful sustainable development planning and the tour will also explore how smaller and rural communities in Sweden are successfully developing local economic markets around alternative and renewable energy systems.
The Swedish Trade and Invest Council and the Swedish Energy Agency will organize opportunities throughout the year for business development between Sweden and Canada in the energy sector, including a Swedish Delegation to QUEST’s Annual conference in Markham November 12-14 2013 “Integrated Energy Solutions for Every Community”. I encourage you to look for upcoming events in your community.
For registration or further information, please contact email@example.com. Latest date for registration on the tour is July 15, 2013