Zambia’s agriculture sector comprises several crops, fruits, groundnuts, horticulture, livestock and fishery, all of which present specific opportunities for Swedish companies.
Delegation to Zambia with focus on Agriculture, Food and Bio-Energy
Date: 21- 22 October 2013
Place: Lusaka, Zambia
Sweden’s Ministry of Rural Affairs, headed by State Secretary Mr. Magnus Kindbom, will accompany interested Swedish companies visiting Zambia. The country is the second biggest producer of soy in the region and holds potential for pulp and starch production as well as bioenergy extraction. The rising domestic, regional and international markets for agricultural commodities is pushing the demand for more food which is an opportunity for increased production for fruits, vegetables, processed meat and dairy products. Important developments to note:
- 23mn ha agricultural land cultivated, 50mn Ha of forests (twice the forest area of Sweden),
- Over 40% of water resources of southern Africa,
- Second biggest producer of soy in the region and a major sugar cane supplier (bio-energy potential).
The delegation will focus on arranging B2B, presentations and site visits within:
- Agriculture inputs, outputs and derivative for biomass,
- Agriculture Machinery and mechanization methodology,
- Retailing, wholesaling and distributing of food products.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Lusaka, Zambia.
For more information, please contact:
Patrik Olsson, Business Sweden – Botswana
M +267 71 34 2384 T +267 395 3425
Susanne Henne, Business Sweden – Johannesburg
M +27 83 283 99 66 T +27 11 300 5612