The 3G network was launched in Algeria on the 15th of December 2013, enabling the country to enter an era of increased connectivity. This new emerging Connected Society will change the structure within companies and organizations, as well as forms of communication and services available to citizens. New possibilities and business opportunities related to increased connectivity are endless, and span across the whole society.
Business Sweden organizes a seminar highlighting the possibilities and potentials of the Connected Society, in close co-operation with the Algerian Ministry of Post, Information Technologies & Communication, the Swedish Embassy in Algiers and the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority. The seminar focuses on how increased connectivity offers new services for citizens and contributes to the society. It will be followed by prequalified B2B meetings with decision makers from the Algerian telecom operators Djezzy, Nedjma and Mobilis as well as other players.
The possibilities of the Connected Society
Hereby, we would like to invite you to participate in the seminar and the B2B meeting session on the 11th - 12th March 2014. The seminar will particularly address the following sectors of the Connected Society:
- Financial services. The internet reduces transaction costs and brings financial services to people who may live far from the nearest bank branch or ATM.
- Education. Many schools that currently lack sufficient textbooks could soon access the world’s best educational content on affordable tablets or e books; teachers, too, will benefit from more effective training.
- Health. Today, many people travel long distances for care. The internet is enabling greater use of remote diagnosis, treatment, and education.
- Retail. E-commerce will open up a new shopping experience for Algeria’s growing middle class.
- Transport. Connected vehicles can help abate many of the personal, environmental and societal costs related to personal mobility.
- Government. The internet is a powerful tool to improve transparency, streamline service delivery and automate tax collection.
For more information
Business Sweden Casablanca
T: +212 522 36 25 10