The Embassy of Italy, Business Sweden and the Italian Culture Institute of Stockholm welcomes you to an exclusive seminar in Stockholm where we offer you an overview of the state of the Italian economy, as well as interesting facts and advice on how Swedish companies can further expand their positions in the Italian market. You will have the possibility to listen to excellent speakers from the Italian business community as well as from Swedish companies present on the market.
Italy has emerged from a tough and long period of economic difficulties, but since the end of 2014 the economy has returned to growth. The outlook has step by step improved over the last quarters. The country is the world´s 8th largest economy and the manufacturing industry is the second largest in Europe. Italy is a very important market for Swedish companies but our market share is still remarkably low compared to other European countries, even though the market- and demand structure should fit Swedish companies very well.
How can we increase our presence in the Italian market and what opportunities lie ahead?
• Welcome by the Ambassador of Italy in Sweden, Elena Basile
• "The Italian Reforms, the Competitive Landscape and Foreign Investments”, Ferruccio de Bortoli, journalist and director of several of Italy´s largest newspapers the last couple of decades.
- Director of ”Corriere della Sera”, 1997 - 2003 and 2009- 2015.
- Director of Italy´s most important Business Newspaper ”l Sole-24 Ore” from 2005 – 2009
• Italy in the World Economy, Mauro Gozzo, Business Sweden’s Chief Economist The macroeconomic situation from a Swedish perspective and a comparison to other important export markets, as well as an overview of the sectors where Swedish companies still have ”work to do”.
• "The value of reforms in Italy: a brief overview of economic effects, present and to come”, Luca Mezzomo, Senior Economist at Intesa-SanPaolo Bank
• “The acquisition and relaunch of the Bianchi Company in Italy”, Tony Grimaldi, President and CEO of Cycleurope Group
The seminar is aimed for chief executive or export manager at companies that are interested in or already doing business in Italy.
For more information:
Cathrin Damsholt Andersson
T: 08-588 660 25
T: +39-02-86 39 81
In cooperation with: