An introduction seminar (Step 1) held in Stockholm with representatives from the European Space Agency (ESA), ESA BIC Sweden, Swedish National Space Board and other relevant actors. The objective is to increase awareness among Swedish companies about strategic plans, business opportunities, innovation funding and collaborations in a European space context.
This is a joint “Team Sweden” initiative, with representatives from the Embassy of Sweden in The Hague, Business Sweden, Swedish National Space Board, ESA BIC Sweden, Arctic Business Incubator, Uppsala Innovation Centre and Innovatum backing it up, this together with ESA’s Technology Transfer and Business Incubation Office at ESTEC in the Netherlands.
Through a number of events, consisting of an initial business seminar (Step 1), followed by preparatory workshops (Step 2), and ending with a visit to the European Space Agency’s Space Research and Technology Centre in the Netherlands (Step 3), your participation will provide you with the following:
- Updates on the latest contribution from the Swedish National Space Board to ESA programmes and related opportunities for Swedish industry. We will also share the outcomes from ESA’s Ministerial Council held in December 2016
- An introduction on how to get ESA-funding for developing and commercialising downstream applications, using e.g. earth observation, navigation or satellite communication, for terrestrial, maritime or aviation related applications
- Partnership and collaboration opportunities, as well as the possibility to participate in a wider range of space related initiatives like becoming a supplier to Tier 1 space companies
- Examples of how space technology can help create business opportunities and economic growth in non-space related areas
- An introduction of ESA’s Business Incubation Programme, detailing which support is available to start-ups, entrepreneurs and SMEs seeking to commercialise space related ideas. You will also have the opportunity to discuss in depth any potential business ideas with representatives from ESA BIC Sweden
The series of events should be of interest to:
- Start-ups, entrepreneurs and SME’s with the ambition to become suppliers or partners to the European space industry and an interest in the ESA BIC programme
- Current actors in the space industry, seeking updated information and new collaborations
- Companies outside the traditional space domain seeking to develop applications making use of earth observation, satellite navigation, and satellite communication
Participant Fee: No fee (no-show renders a fee of 500 SEK)
More information and programme