Sweden is a global leader in smart grid metering and implementation, and has long been one of the most efficient users of electricity per capita in the world. At the same time, Algeria is currently undergoing an infrastructure change by implementing an important number of big projects within Smart Grids and ICT, which are currently considered for public tenders. Business Sweden organises a matchmaking day in Algiers to encourage Swedish companies to take advantage of this situation.
Swedish companies are active within smart grid metering and implementation and have much to contribute to the Algerian market. We have identified six categories within Smart Grids where Sweden has a great expertise and which are of interest and matches the needs of the biggest purchasers in Algeria within electricity, gas and water distribution:
- Advanced metering infrastructure
- Customer-side systems
- Distribution system for monitoring and control
- ICT integration
- Transmission system for monitoring and control
- Real time monitoring
Current business opportunities
Algeria is currently undergoing an infrastructure change by implementing an important number of big projects within Smart Grids and ICT, which are currently considered for public tenders.
- Solutions for remote meter reading of water consumption
- Remote control of drilling equipment
- Telecom Management System for remote monitoring and control
- Feasibility Study for implementation of remote monitoring systems
- Solutions for advanced metering infrastructure
- Locally produced, Swedish metering systems
An ambitious investment plan was launched in Algeria for 2010-2014, and about 20 new cities and neighbourhoods are planned or under construction. Within the investment plan, 1.2 million new apartments should be built by 2014, and subsequently 800,000 after 2014.
This is a follow up activity to the Smart Metering matchmaking conference which was organised in April 2012, and led to procurement preparations and establishment of privileged contacts with the new cities that are under construction.
For more information
Business Sweden Casablanca
T: +212 522 36 25 10