Business Sweden, in cooperation with the Swedish Energy Agency, proudly presents North America Energy Plan 2014, a powerful and cost-efficient concept developed to capture business opportunities in North America for Swedish companies in the bio and district energy industry.
Swedish know-how to make North America greener
North Americans are currently looking over the Atlantic Ocean for experience and know-how to help them make their energy mix greener. Countries that have managed to successfully implement bio-energy as a key ingredient in their energy mix are of special interest, and Sweden is one of the identified top countries. Also, trade improving actions such as the new trade agreement (CETA) between Canada and EU will be of high importance for increased business going forward.
Benefits of program participation for Swedish companies:
- Business and network support from Business Sweden
- Access to Swedish pavilions at selected conferences
- Participate in networking and match-making activities
- Take part in tailored meetings and workshops
For every activity in North America (see calendar below), there is an exclusive offer for 3-5 Swedish companies to participate for free (excluding travels and accommodation), with an estimated value of 2,500-4,000 USD per activity. Please confirm your interest as soon as possible.
Business Sweden has during the last years worked intensely with the green energy sector which has resulted in concrete business, business opportunities and valuable media attention for Sweden and Swedish energy companies. This program aims to grasp the momentum from the activities performed in the past years.
The Swedish Energy Agency will have an essential role in this program, contributing with funding, knowledge and as an overall advisor.
The program rests on three pillars; Long-term Focus, Value Generation and Closeness to Business Opportunities, which will be implemented through the following two main activities:
1. Business Opportunity and Stakeholder Identification – Identification of interesting North American existing and upcoming business opportunities as well as key stakeholders, opinion leaders, business partners as well as for the Swedish energy community
2. Five selected conferences/study tours in Canada and USA – BuS will organize Swedish pavilions, match-making activities, and business opportunity work-shops with North American key stakeholders at all conferences
- Heating the Midwest – Green Bay, Wisconsin, April 29–May 1
- World Bio Conference and Study tour Sweden – Jönköping, Sweden, June 1-5. In combination with the World Bio Conference, BuS will offer a study tour to selected North American stakeholders in order to present Swedish success cases within bio and district energy
- IDEA Conference – Seattle, USA, June 8-11
- International Bio-energy Conference – Prince George, Canada, June 11-13
- QUEST Smart Energy Solutions for Every Community – Vancouver, CAN, Dec 1-3
The conferences above are identified as great opportunities for Swedish companies to showcase their products, services and know-how to a target audience together with representatives from both Business Sweden and the Swedish Energy Agency.
Business Sweden in Canada
T: +1 (416) 906-5593
Swedish Energy Agency
T: +46 (0)16 544 22 09