Business Sweden in cooperation with The Consulate General of Sweden in Shanghai, and Jiangsu Environmental Protection Department would like to invite you to participate in a water treatment workshop during the Jiangsu New Environmental Technology Exchange Summit. The objective is to build a Sino-Swedish platform for experience exchange and for Swedish companies to meet potential end-users of water treatment solutions.
China’s unprecedented economic development has led to massive pollution and great environmental degradation on a large scale. For years, waste water from industries and cities has been polluting water reservoirs across the country, a result of insufficient water treatment solutions. Currently more than 50% of China’s major rivers and lakes are experiencing high levels of heavy metals and eutrophication.
The purpose of the Sino – Swedish dialogue is to
- Increase awareness and visibility of advanced Swedish solutions, technologies and products among decision makers, key market players and companies in China
- Gain a broader understanding of the current business climate in China for waste water treatment and further understand the demand and needs of Chinese end-users, e.g. factories or local municipalities
- Create a platform of knowledge sharing and provide the opportunity to build new business relations and professional networks
The Chinese government is becoming more aware of the rising problem of waste water handling; it is now planning on investing CNY 470 billion on upgrades and enhancements of both new and existing water treatment facilities to restore the water quality in rivers and lakes. The government is also introducing new performance review standards based on water quality to motivate provincial and municipal governments to take constructive action to solve the issues of waste water management.
Local authorities are now tightening pollution control schemes and are slamming heavy fines on companies that not comply with the new regulations on pollution levels. However, as noted by a survey conducted by the Jiangsu Environmental Protection Department in early 2014, many companies lack the appropriate equipment to meet the new and stricter pollution requirements.
The survey further noted that 80+ companies in the region are currently seeking suppliers for advanced water treatment products and technologies in order to meet the new environmental criteria. Local Chinese companies are currently in search for suppliers in the following areas: industrial waste water treatment, municipal sewage water treatment, ground water quality recovery, sludge treatment and water waste reuse.
The workshop is arranged for production companies in Jiangsu Province and alike to meet with suppliers of advanced water treatment technologies and products from Sweden.
- The workshop gives Swedish companies the opportunity to present their advanced water treatment solutions, technologies, and products to invited government officials, industry experts and potential end-users
- Visit to Jiangsu New Environmental Technology Exchange Summit with the chance to meet Chinese end-users and environmental technology companies within water treatment and other environmental segments
- Companies have the possibility to bring their brochures and roll-ups to the summit venue
For more information and registration, please contact
Johan Lennefalk, Business Sweden in Shanghai
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +86 21 6218 9955 ext. 56
In cooperation with: