Business Sweden in collaboration with the Embassy of Sweden in Jakarta invites you to participate in a business delegation to Indonesia on 14th – 15th of April
- Indonesia suffers from periodic occurrences of droughts, forest fires, floods, landslides, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis.
- Since the year 2000 more than 8.5 million people all over Indonesia have been affected by over 11 000 thousand disasters which have claimed the lives of nearly 200 000 people and have caused economic damages estimated to approximately USD 15 billion.
- For disaster-prone countries like Indonesia, preparedness and resilience to overcome disasters is vital. Therefore disaster risk reduction (DRR) has been put as a high priority in Indonesia’s national agenda and it’s being integrated into Indonesia’s legislation and national development plan in line with the Hyogo Framework for Action.
Demand for disaster relief solutions
To achieve a strong national DRR capacity, Indonesia has shifted its conventional paradigm of disaster management from emergency response and recovery to a more comprehensive approach. In this respect, resources have been invested primarily in disaster prevention, mitigation and preparedness. Based on the discussions with key stakeholders, Business Sweden has identified the following areas that are of high interest for procurement:
- Early warning systems
- Risk assessment tools and software to identify the most vulnerable areas for disaster
- Satellite communication tools
- Human bodies detectors
Infrastructure related solutions
- Multifunctional shelters: field hospitals, schools etc.
- Land slide prevention constructions and flood management systems
- Forest fire protection
Water & sanitation
- Water purification solutions
- Water tanks and filters
- Mobile sanitation station
Machinery & tools
- Multifunctional trucks
- Mini dozers and excavators
- Heavy rigging and lifting equipment
Emergency relief equipment
- Medical and hygiene products
- Cold storage
- Rescue boats
- Floatable tents
- Blankets, sleeping bags and textile
Preliminary programme for the delegation
In this delegation you will meet potential customers, government officials, multilateral organizations responsible for the planning, procurement and execution of emergency relief and critical infrastructure projects. Through Business Sweden official status, network and knowledge we will provide information about short and long term procurement needs as well as full attention and promotion under the Official Sweden umbrella.
Tuesday, April 14
- Seminar with the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) and Regional Disaster Management Agencies’ (BPBDs)
- Networking lunch
- Seminar/workshop with National Search and Rescue Agency (BASARNAS)
- Networking Reception at the Swedish Embassy
Wednesday, April 15
- Seminar/workshop with International Relief Organizations, such us UN OCHA, UNICEF, WHO, WFP, UNDP and Indonesian Red Cross
- Networking lunch
- Site visit
- Delegation dinner
Note: The program will partly be adjusted based on participating companies’ needs.
For more information about the delegation, please contact: