The UN, World Bank and IDB have recently prioritized procuring smart, sustainable solutions and stress factors such as value, fairness, and integrity —areas in which Sweden is known to excel. Our overall ambition is to increase the share of Swedish suppliers to these international organizations.
Business Sweden would therefore like to invite you to join a “smart cities” delegation to visit the headquarters of the UN, World Bank and IDB. During this visit, companies are invited to meet with key procurement professionals to understand the procurement process, learn about upcoming projects, and identify the requirements that must be met in order to supply these major international organizations.
Join Business Sweden to learn how your business solutions align with current sustainability goals of the UN, World Bank, and IDB while networking to strengthen business opportunities and U.S. – Sweden relations.
The tentative 4-day agenda includes:
- A visit to the UN headquarters in New York City to meet with key procurement professionals
- An event with IDB and a group of visiting Nordic Mayors in Washington, DC
- A visit to the World Bank and IDB headquarters in Washington, DC to meet with key procurement professionals
We believe that opportunities can be found in many sectors, but particularly in:
- ICT; such as consulting and communication systems;
- Transportation; such as consulting, trucks, cold chain, warehousing;
- Construction; such as consulting, equipment & materials;
- Energy; such as renewable energy solutions;
- Healthcare; such as medical technology equipment, medicines & vaccines, laboratory equipment;
- Water & Sanitation; such as water purification and efficiency systems
- Security; such as surveillance and civil security solutions;
The four day participation cost for this delegation is 10,000 SEK per person. All participants will be responsible for their own transatlantic travel, accommodations etc. Transportation from New York City to Washington D.C. will be included. Please fill in the full registration application here.
This effort is made possible thanks to cooperation between Business Sweden and The Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, The Swedish Embassy in Washington, D.C. as well as The Consulate General of Sweden in New York.