The Swedish Minister for EU Affairs & Trade will be leading a business delegation to the United Nations in early 2018 and Team Sweden would like to invite your company to participate.
Team Sweden in New York will facilitate this unique opportunity for you to meet with United Nations agencies, based on a careful matching process between opportunities and your offerings.
Our overall ambition is to increase the share of Swedish suppliers to the UN and other multilateral organizations, and in doing so, assist Swedish companies in growing their international revenues. The United Nations and its sub-organizations together form a multi-billion dollar market, and UN procurement is a priority area for the Swedish government. Furthermore, developing strategic partnerships with the UN through Team Sweden may enable Swedish companies to shorten time to market, find new revenue streams, and minimize risk.
During this visit, companies are invited to meet with key procurement professionals and thematic experts to understand the procurement process, learn about upcoming projects, and identify the requirements that must be met in order to supply to the United Nations.
The two-day program includes:
- Meetings with the Chief of Procurement for the United Nations Secretariat and the United Nations Development Programme
- Meetings with the Swedish Ambassador to the UN and delegates based in New York
- Meetings with thematic experts in key areas
- One-on-one meetings with key UN experts
We know that opportunities can be found in many sectors, but particularly in:
- ICT; such as IT hardware, software, and communication systems;
- Transportation; such as freight forwarding and logistics warehousing;
- Construction; such as services, equipment & materials;
- Energy; such as renewable energy solutions;
- Healthcare; such as medical technology equipment, medicines & vaccines, laboratory equipment;
- Security; such as surveillance and civil security solutions;
- Innovative Solutions to Peacekeeping
The two day participation cost for this delegation is 7500 SEK per company. All participants will be responsible for their own transatlantic travel, accommodations etc. The application deadline is December 15, 2017.
For further information and participation please contact Marc Lundwall at