UN-related procurement has increased dramatically in the past years. However, only 0,16% is invoiced by Swedish companies. Business Sweden and The Swedish Embassies in Kenya and Uganda invite you to join the business delegation to East Africa. During three days you will learn about the needs and what it takes to become a supplier to the UN.
During 2014, the UN procured products and services to a value of 16,1 billion USD. However, despite many state-of-the-arts offerings in products and services that match UN procurement needs, only 27,5 million USD (0,16%) was invoiced by Swedish companies. As part of the Swedish government's export strategy, special focus is currently being put on increasing Swedish companies' share of UN procurement.
Join the UN delegation to Kenya and Uganda 18-21 April
East Africa is home to a wide range of humanitarian UN entities including two large procurement hubs in Entebbe and Nairobi. The prolonged duration of many crises places higher demands on the UN budgets to procure for quality with a longer life span in view. The stronger focus on life cycle costs is favorable for Swedish products and services.
Business opportunities exist within most sectors. Solutions from the following sector are of particular interest:
• Construction and Shelter
• Waste Management
• Medical devises and equipment
• Food and nutrition
Please press here to read more and to register interest to participate in the UN delegation to Kenya and Uganda.
During the four days in Kenya and Uganda, participants will:
• Visit the UN complex in Nairobi and Entebbe
• Have meetings with UN partners and procurement officers
• Participate in seminars on innovative solutions
• Participate in networking sessions and B2B meetings
• Participate in field visits to existing and planned refugee camps and settlements
• Get an overview of individual operational process areas including energy, organizational management, pharmaceuticals and ICT
• Standard fee: SEK 34,000 (SEK 10,500 for additional representatives)
• Reduced fee: SEK 14,000 (SEK 5,250 for additional representatives) for companies with annual turnover under 100 MSEK and less than 50 employees.
For more information and to register interest to participate
For more information:
Please contact Anna-Paula Jonsson.