Following on the recent successful delegation to Cape Town in May focusing on Southern Africa and Nigeria, it´s now time to head on to East Africa! Members of the Swedish “Energy for Africa” initiative are cordially invited to join the Swedish energy delegation organized in conjunction with the East Africa Power Industry Convention (EAPIC). The visit is organized by Business Sweden in collaboration with the Swedish Embassies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Programme highlights and objectives
East Africa is one of the world´s fastest growing energy markets. The delegation programme, focussing on Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, will include the following items:
- Updates on investment in the region including ongoing and upcoming investments
- The possibility to present your solutions to key decision makers and interact with these
- B2B meetings with counterparts of your choice
- Multiple networking opportunities
- Study visits to energy facility
- Official gala dinner (part of the official EAPIC-programme)
The clear objective of the visit is to identify a number of energy projects in the region to focus on in our pursuit to increase Swedish exports in the energy sector in East Africa. The continued process will be supported by Team Sweden Energy both in the region and in Sweden within the Swedish “Energy for Africa” Initiative lead by Business Sweden with the support of the Swedish Government.
For more information about the EAPIC delegation or the Swedish “Energy for Africa” initiative, please contact:
Cecilia Leideman-Eyre Bäck
Registration and preliminary program