We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy. Read more about cookies

an image
  • Register
  • Log in
  • Language

Work and residence permits

International companies in Sweden may look to transfer staff from one part of the group to Sweden or to recruit new employees from another country. International research collaborations often entail researchers coming to Sweden to be part of a research group.

In brief:

  • Sweden is part of the Schengen zone 
  • No work permit needed for citizens of EU/EEA countries Work permits for non-EU/EEA citizens require a written offer of employment 
  • The information in the right column aims to guide international investors through the necessary permit procedures 
Document information
Date: 28 Mar 2019
Size: 3.3 MB(pdf)